- No products in the cart.
OMRON Digital Thermometer MC-246 for Oral, Rectal & Underarm Test
MRP: Rs. 210/-
No fear of mercury poisoning, Water resistant,
Oral, Rectal & Underarm Test
When you or a family member is ill, you want the highest caliber of accuracy you can get in a thermometer. You may have some reservations about the less invasive thermometers such as the forehead or ear thermometers. They are certainly convenient, fast, easy, and non-invasive. But it is possible that they won’t offer the same level of accuracy as a true digital thermometer. You have heard that thermometers taking temperature readings rectally, orally, or under the arm may be the very best and most accurate approach. But what thermometer should you purchase? You remember the warnings about glass thermometers; how they can break and cause injury. You remember the warnings about toxic mercury in thermometers. You know you want to avoid those, because you want to keep your family safe. Consider the Omron MC 246 digital thermometer.
Omron MC 246 uses thermistor technology for the highest level of accuracy. Thermistors are resistors that are exceptionally sensitive to temperature, and are known to be predictable, precise, and extremely reliable. The MC-246 takes between one and two minutes to complete the measurement, so you know the technology has had time for an extremely accurate reading. This thermometer will store your last temperature reading, so you can see if the fever has changed. It features a handy buzzing notification to let you know when your measurement has completed, so you don’t have to keep looking at the thermometer.
Do note there are factors that will interfere with the accuracy of any digital thermometer. You will always want to take two readings back to back for accuracy. You need to obviously to position these in the same area. For example, you want to place the thermometer underneath the tongue as far back as comfortable, not under the tongue for one reading, and barely under the tongue with the mouth open for the second. You need to wait 30 minutes after bathing, exercising, eating, or drinking for an accurate oral temperature. Additionally, strong electromagnetic fields (even cell phones) have been known to compromise the accuracy of a digital thermometer. Fortunately, the Omron Digital Thermometer MC-246 comes with an easy-to read user guide to make temperature taking accurate and easy.
Features of Omron MC 246 Digital Thermometer
- Thermistor sensor technology
- 3-digit display
- Toggles between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Accuracy of ± 0.1 for Celsius and ± 0.2 for Fahrenheit in standard room temperatures
- Measures from 32.0 to 42.0 Celsius and from 89.6 to 107.6 Fahrenheit
- Lightweight at 12 g
- Small and portable at 19.4 mm x 132.5 mm x 10 mm
- Stores last temperature taken
- Water resistant for easy cleaning
- Fast measurement at 80 seconds for an oral reading, 60 seconds for a rectal reading, and 120 seconds for underarm reading
- Easily replaced battery
- Long battery life at over 2 years with 3 temperature measurements per day
- Buzzer sounds when the measurement is complete
- Comes with user guide
Accessories for Omron MC 246
- Battery (LR 41)
- Probe Covers 5 Nos.
- Protective case
- Instruction Manual
Hence if you want the most accurate temperature-taking tool you can buy, consider purchasing a digital thermometer. If you want an easy-to-use, water resistant, affordable, accurate digital thermometer with memory, consider the Omron MC 246 digital thermometer for an excellent and accurate thermometer for your family.
Oral, Rectal, Underarm
32 to 42 Degree Celsius (89.6 to 107.6 Fahrenheit)
1.5V DC, 1 LR41 Battery
2000 Measurements Approx.
19.4 (W) * 132.5 (H) * 10 (D) mm
60 Sec for Rectal, 80 Sec for Oral, 120 Sec for Underarm
|3 in 1 Measurement Mode||
- Our shipping partner is Fedex.
- Places, which are not covered by Fedex, we will cancel the order and refund you.
- All orders received before 2 PM are dispatched on the same day.
- Item will normally arrive within 3 to 4 working days (except Sundays & holidays). Some times it may go up to 6 to 7 business days for remote areas.
- This Product is having 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty from date of purchase.
- Buyers need to contact the manufacturer (OMRON Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd.) directly for availing Warranty.
- Toll free number for OMRON customer care is 1800 419 0492.