Accu-Chek Instant S Glucometer with 10 Strips
MRP: Rs. 1099/-
Strip Expiry: 20.01.2022
Accu Chek Instant S Glucometer will help you to get instant result of your blood sugar level. This is as fast and easy as checking your mobile SMS or Whatsapp messages. You don’t need to do any setup initially. Hence the whole process consist of only 3 steps.
- You have to insert the test strip
- Take a small amount of blood and apply it on the strip
- Note your blood sugar reading on the large display of the glucometer
Features & Benifits of Accu Chek Instant S Glucometer
- Intuitive target range indicator is there. It provides you reassurance visually. Also it is possible to individualize to match your goals of personal therapy.
- On the screen, you will get only what you require. Hence only your blood sugar reading and averages for a week, month, and 3 months are visible on the screen.
- You need to apply the blood on the wide yellow edge of the strip. Hence this is very easy and helpful for elderly patients.
- The accuracy of this glucometer is proven and guaranteed by the manufacturer, Roche Diagnostics. Also it is manufactured in Germany and meets all the standards of ISO.
- Also you can transfer your readings to the Accu Chek Connect Online portal and track your readings very easily.
Specifications for Accu Chek Instant S Glucometer
- This meter has a memory of 720 readings. But you can view the last reading only on the meter screen plus the averages for 7, 30, and 90 days. In order to view this 720 memory, you have to transfer the readings to Accu Chek Connect online portal through USB connectivity.
- The glucometer will switch off automatically after 90 seconds of the test. Also if you remove the test strip, it will switch off after 15 seconds of removal.
- The weight of this glucometer is 40 gram including battery.
- You will get the result within 4 seconds, after applying the blood.
- You can use capillary, venous, and arterial blood for testing. Also neonate blood can be tested.
- Continuous operation is possible with this glucometer.
- Also this glucometer comes with a 10-year manufacturer warranty.
The package contains
- Accu chek Instant S glucometer with battery
- Lancing device & 10 lancets
- Quick start guide, warranty card & user manual
- Also you will get a carry case
How to use Accu Chek Instant S glucometer?
In this section, we’ll walk you through using your Accu Chek Instant S blood glucose meter. Now, if you’re worried about learning the steps involved, don’t be. This whole section is divided into small sections. So if you miss anything, you can always go back and read that part again.
Now, the first thing to do is to make sure that you have everything you need to start testing. You should have the following items:
- An Accu Chek Instant S meter,
- A container of Accu-Chek Instant test strips,
- An Accu-Chek Softclix lancing device,
- Accu-Chek Softclix lancet.
If you can’t find something or if you need assistance with any of the steps that follow, just contact the Accu-Chek customer service.
Preparing the lancing device and lancets
Next, let’s walk through setting up and using the Accu-Chek Softclix lancing device. First, you will need to load your lancing device. For this, you will need an Accu-Chek Softclix lancet. Remove the cap from the lancing device. Now insert the lancet into the lancet holder. Push it all the way in until it clicks in place. Also twist and remove the protective cap from the lancet to expose the needle. Place the cap back on your lancing device. Be sure to align the notch on the cap with the mark.
The next step is to set the penetration depth to match your individual skin type. By turning the dial on the cap, you can select the depth of the lancet. Set the dial to two to begin with. You may need to adjust the setting a couple of times until you find the right level for your skin type.
Using the lancing device
To use the lancing device, you first need to prime it. Press the priming button all the way down. The release button on the side of the lancing device has now turned yellow. Also this indicates that your lancing device is now primed and ready to use. Press the yellow button to release the lancet. This will lance your finger.
This part is important. The Accu-Chek Softclix lancets are disposable and should only be used one time. Also a re-used lancet is no longer sterile and will lose its sharpness and become more painful each time you lance your finger. When disposing of a lancet, always make sure that it cannot cause injury and always use a sharps container. To dispose of the lancet, remove the cap from the lancing device. To remove the used lancet, point the lancing device into the sharps container and eject the lancet by sliding the ejector forward as shown. Then put the cap back on the lancing device.
Blood Sugar Testing
Now you’re ready to do a test. First, you’ll need to choose a finger to take a sample from. It’s best to alternate between fingers as they can become sensitive over time. Remember to always wash your hands with warm, soapy water and dry them thoroughly before you test. Remove a test strip from the test strip container, and always remember to close the lid tightly. This helps protect the remaining strips.
Insert a fresh test strip, metallic end first, into the meter. The arrow in the black circle indicates the right direction. The meter will turn on automatically. Also a flashing blood-drop symbol appears on the display. Now it’s time to use the lancing device. Place the pinhole opening firmly against your finger and press the yellow release button. This will lance your finger. Also massage the finger in the direction of the fingertip to help the blood drop form. Touch the yellow edge of the test strip to the blood drop. Also this wide area for dosing makes it easy to fill with just a tiny drop. When enough blood has filled the test strip, the flashing hourglass symbol appears. Your blood glucose result will be ready in less than four seconds. It’s just that easy, and now you have your test result.
Interpreting the result
When your test result appears, the arrow shows if your result falls above, within, or below the target range. The target range is represented by the green region of the target range indicator. The arrow will flash if your result falls above or below this range. Also the target range can be individualized to meet your personal therapy goals. If you press the button, you can view your previous 7, 30 and 90 day averages on your display.
One important final step, remove and dispose the used test strip. Then, put everything in the carry case. Also you’ll find more information in the user’s manual that came with your Accu Chek Instant S meter.
Glucometer with Strips
|Under Dose Detection|
|Re dose Option|
|Pre and Post Meal Markers|
|Post Prandial Reminder|
7, 30, 90 days
- Our shipping partner is Fedex.
- Places, which are not covered by Fedex, we will cancel the order and refund you.
- All orders received before 2 PM are dispatched on the same day.
- Item will normally arrive within 3 to 4 working days (except Sundays & holidays). Some times it may go up to 6 to 7 business days for remote areas.
- This Product is having 10-Year Manufacturer Warranty.
- You need to contact the manufacturer directly for availing manufacturer warranty.
- Toll free number for contacting Roche Diagnostics is 1800 120 6020