- No products in the cart.
Accu Chek Active Strips 100’s Pack
MRP: Rs. 1480/-
Strip Expiry September 2020, Free Shipping, All inclusive price
8 in stock
Accu Chek Active Strips 100’s pack is an economical option for those diabetic patients, who need to test their blood sugar more than once in a day. Hence this is an economy pack for heavy users. You cannot use this strip box with other glucometer models. The current strip expiry date for our stock is September 2020.
Also this pack does not include the black code chip. Black code chip is a substitute for the old green code chip for ever. That means you don’t have to replace the black code chip after the first insertion. Hence you need to use your old black code chip for life long. Ultimately your glucometer will become a no coding machine. All newly purchased machines will not have a slot for the code chip. So black code chip is only meant for old model machines.
Also you have to understand that there will not be any strip expiry warning feature in your glucometer. Manufacturer of this strip is Roche diagnostics and it is manufactured in Germany.
Features of Accu Chek Active Strips 100’s Pack
- The volume of blood required for this test strip is very less. Hence only 1-2 μL is enough.
- With this strip, you can measure blood glucose level maximum 600 mg/dL and minimum 10 mg/dL.
- Accu Chek Active Strips requires capillary blood. If you remove the strip from the glucometer for blood application, then you can use blood from venous, artery, and neonates under specific conditions.
- You need to apply the blood on the middle of the test strip. The design of test strips are in such a way that it quickly spread the blood above that middle area.
- You can apply the blood in 2 ways. One is, by inserting the test strip in to the glucometer. Another way is by taking the test strip out from the glucometer. This option reduces the chances of contamination of the strip.
- If you are unable to apply enough blood on the strip on your first attempt, you have the option of re-dosing it. But this re-dosing should happen within the 10 seconds after the first attempt. Also this will work only when you are trying it by inserting the strip into your glucometer.
- You can check whether the strip is damaged or not and how much percentage it has damaged by a visual color check. There are 5 color block on your strip bottle for this purpose.
- When you are testing by inserting the strip into glucometer, range of Hematocrit is 20 – 55 %. This will be 20 – 70 % when you are applying the blood on the strip by taking the strip out from the glucometer.
- You can use this Accu Chek Active strips 100‘s pack till the expiry date. There is no need to complete the strips before 90 days after the first opening of the strip box.
You will get the following things after the purchase
- Accu Chek Active Strips 100 Nos.
- How to use manual
Importance of testing blood glucose at home
Once diagnosed with diabetes means diabetic forever. Though hope of adequate control without medications or even partial disease reversal is always there, if a person takes things in hands. Self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) plays a central role in diabetes control and management. When comparing to acute conditions like heart attack or some acute infection, management of chronic diseases are quite different. In chronic condition, only those can expect to stay healthy who take things into their own hands and understand that doctor’s role is just of health adviser.
So if you are a diabetic or have a family history or you are obese or above 45, you should buy an Accu Chek Active glucometer. This device is pretty straightforward to use and reasonably accurate. Best of all, Accu Chek Active strips 100’s pack is not expensive. Also they are within the reach of most of the people. But before starting to use Accu Chek Active Strips at home, there are few things to know.
Important things to remember while using Accu Chek Active strips 100’s pack at home
How often to check blood sugar would depend on many factors. It is something best decided in consultation with the treating physician. Nonetheless, for most cases, it should be in the morning and before breakfast (fasting blood glucose). Most individuals would need to check at least few times a month, even if diabetes is in control or is mild. Other things to know are:
- Before starting any medical procedure, or testing glucose with Accu Chek Active Strips, it is advised to wash your hands carefully and dry them with a clean cotton towel. Preferably one should also use an alcohol swab to clean the area of skin that he or she intends to puncture.
- Next step is preparing the lancing device. Insert the new, clean, and sterile needle into the lancing device and do not forget to check the settings of the device according to your skin type (most lancing devices can be adjusted for the depth or strength of prick, with thicker skin requiring stronger or deeper prick).
- Take a single test strip from the box and close the box immediately to avoid the contamination of remaining strips. Insert the test strip into the glucometer.
- Prick the end of your finger with the lancing device. A drop of blood will come out of it. Avoid milking the finger. If enough blood did not come out, better change the lancet settings.
- Put the drop of blood on the middle of the strip. Also ensure that there is sufficient blood for an accurate result. Your glucometer will provide the reading within seconds.
- Stop bleeding by applying pressure with the help of a cotton swab.
Accuracy of Accu Chek Active Strips
Finally, it is worth knowing that blood glucose in whole blood or capillary blood is less than that in plasma. However, Accu Chek Active machines are calibrated to provide plasma equivalent blood glucose levels. Hence the results do not differ much from that of a lab test.
In case you feel that your Accu Chek Active machine does not show accurate results, it makes sense to check the glucometer for accuracy with the help of standardized glucometer testing solutions. Also check whether the Accu Chek Active Strips are damaged or not by using the manufacturer manual. After testing the blood glucose, do not forget to store your Accu Chek Active Strips 100’s box in a clean place away from direct sunlight.
- Our shipping partner is Fedex.
- Places, which are not covered by Fedex, we will cancel the order and refund you.
- All orders received before 2 PM are dispatched on the same day.
- Item will normally arrive within 3 to 4 working days (except Sundays & holidays). Some times it may go up to 6 to 7 business days for remote areas.
- This Product is having 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty from date of purchase.
- Buyers need to contact the manufacturer (Roche Diagnostics) directly for availing Warranty.
- Toll free number for Roche customer care is 1800 120 6020