- No products in the cart.
Buy this Accu Chek Active Strips 100‘s pack online with confidence now. This is for using with your Accu Chek Active Glucometer only. You cannot use this test strips with other glucometers. Also it include a black code chip. This black code chip is a substitute for the old green code chip for ever. That means you don’t have to replace the black code chip after the first insertion. Hence you can ignore all the black code chips, which you are going to get with the purchase of Accu Chek Active test strips each time. Ultimately your Accu Chek Active Glucometer will become a no coding machine. Also you have to understand that there will not be any strip expiry warning feature in your glucometer. Manufacturer of this strip is Roche diagnostics and it is manufactured in Germany.
Features of Accu Chek Active Strips 100’s Pack
- The volume of blood required for this test strip is very less. Hence only 1-2 μL is enough.
- With this strip, you can measure blood glucose level maximum 600 mg/dL and minimum 10 mg/dL.
- This Accu Chek Active test strips requires capillary blood. If you remove the strip from the glucometer for blood application, you can use blood from venous, artery, and neonates under specific conditions.
- You need to apply the blood on the middle of the test strip. The design of test strips are in such a way that it quickly spread the blood above that middle area.
- You can apply the blood in 2 ways. One is, by inserting the test strips in to the glucometer. Another way is by taking the test strips out from the glucometer. This option reduces the chances of contamination of strips.
- If you are unable to apply enough blood on the strips, on your first attempt, you have the option of re-dosing it. But this re-dosing should be done within 10 seconds after the first attempt. Also this will work only when you are trying it by inserting the strip into your glucometer.
- You can check whether the strip is damaged or not and how much percentage it has damaged by a visual color check. There are 5 color block on your strip bottle for this purpose.
- When you are testing by inserting the strip, range of Hematocrit is 20 – 55 %. This will be 20 – 70 % when you are applying the blood on strip by taking the strip out from meter.
- You can use this Accu Chek Active strips 100‘s pack till the expiry date.
Hence with all the above mentioned features, you can buy Accu Chek Active strips 100‘s pack online with confidence.
Accessories for Accu Chek Active Test Strips Pack
- 2 bottles containing 50 strips each
- 1 black code chip
- How to use manual
Importance of Testing blood glucose at home
Once diagnosed with diabetes, means diabetic forever. Though hope of adequate control without medications or even partial disease reversal is always there, if a person takes things in hands. Self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) plays a central role in diabetes control and management. When comparing to acute conditions like heart attack or some acute infection, management of chronic diseases are quite different. In chronic condition, only those can expect to stay healthy who take things into their own hands and understand that doctor’s role is just of health advisor.
So if you are a diabetic or have a family history or you are obese or above 45, you should buy an Accu Chek Active glucometer. This device is pretty straightforward to use and reasonably accurate. Best of all, Accu Chek Active strips 100‘s pack is not expensive. Also they are within reach of most of the people. But sure before starting to use Accu chek Active test strips at home, there are few things to know.
Important things to remember while using Accu Chek Active strips 100’s pack at home
How often to check blood sugar would depend on many factors. It is something best decided in consultation with the treating physician. Nonetheless, for most cases, it should be in the morning and before breakfast (fasting blood glucose). Most individuals would need to check at least few times a month, even if diabetes is in control or is mild. Other things to know are:
- Before starting any medical procedure, or testing glucose with Accu Chek Active strips 100’s pack, it is advised to wash your hands carefully and dry them with a clean cotton towel. Preferably one should also use an alcohol swab to clean the area of skin that he or she intends to puncture.
- Next step is preparing the lancing device. Insert the new, clean, and sterile needle into the lancing device and do not forget to check the settings of the device according to your skin type (most lancing devices can be adjusted for the depth or strength of prick, with thicker skin requiring stronger or deeper prick).
- Remove the single test strip from the Accu Chek Active strips 100‘s pack and close it immediately to avoid the contamination. Insert the test strip into the glucometer.
- Prick the end of your finger with the lancing device. A drop of blood should come out of it. Avoid milking the finger. If enough blood did not come out, better change the lancet settings.
- Put the drop of blood on the Accu Chek Active test strips. Also ensure that there is sufficient blood for an accurate result.
- Stop bleeding by applying pressure with the help of a cotton swab.
Accu Chek Active glucometer will provide the reading within seconds.
Accuracy of Accu Chek Active strips 100’s pack
Finally, it is worth knowing that blood glucose in whole blood or capillary blood is less than that in plasma. However, Accu Chek Active glucometers are calibrated to provide plasma equivalent blood glucose levels. Hence results do not differ much from that of a lab test.
In case you feel that your Accu Chek Active glucometer does not show accurate results, it makes sense to check the glucometer for accuracy with the help of standardized glucometer testing solutions. Also check whether the Accu Chek Active test strips are damaged or not by using the manufacturer manual. After testing the blood glucose, do not forget to store the Accu Chek Active strips 100‘s pack in a clean place away from direct sunlight.
Our shipping partner is Fedex.
Places, which are not covered by Fedex, we will cancel the order and refund you.
All orders received before 2 PM are dispatched on the same day.
Item will normally arrive within 3 to 4 working days (except Sundays & holidays). Some times it may go up to 6 to 7 business days for remote areas.
This Product is having 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty from date of purchase.
Buyers need to contact the manufacturer (Roche Diagnostics) directly for availing Warranty.
Toll free number for Roche customer care is 1800 120 6020