- No products in the cart.
Want to lose weight and feel happier? Want to increase your energy level? Wish to improve skin health, brain health and memory? Want to enjoy better relaxation and sleep quality? Also do you dream of lengthening your lifespan and slow down ageing? Start with these workout for beginners! It will help you fulfill these aspirations and, furthermore, it is always fascinating and exciting, especially for a new person.
Where to begin? How to push yourself over your lazy days? The first thing you want is to get off your comfortable sofa. You find many excuses: risk of injuries, no time, low motivation, or exhaustion after the workday. Hence all you need is to make a decision and stick to it.
Here are some tips on how to start your workout and get the most benefits.
- Schedule just two 20-minute workouts a week. This can be a realistic goal for you. Take a few days to recover between workouts. As you build up endurance, increase the frequency and length gradually. Also, plan your workouts at the most convenient time for you.
- Overcome your fear of the gym and experienced athletes. If you are overweight or inexperienced, the gym is not a very comfortable place for you. Hence start with cardio machines or choose a quiet area of the gym for your individual.
- Do not be afraid to make mistakes. Mistake is a part of every experience. Hence you cannot become a proficient athlete in one day. Also, do not hesitate to ask a gym trainer for help; the professional advice is worth listening.
- Do not make weight loss your priority. Concentrate on the health benefits of exercising, except for weight loss that needs time.
- Record your measurements like chest, arms, waist, hips and track your progress. Also monitor your body weight regularly with an at home body weighing machine.
- Get ready for a workout. Think of the workout program to be done. Include activities you like the most (for example, running, cycling or group classes).
If you have read all the tips attentively, it’s a time to move to practice. Hence here is an effective 20-minute workout for beginners.
Start it with cardio warm up which lasts for about three minutes. Complete one minute of each of the following exercises to get your heart rate up.
Jumping Jacks – Best Workout for Beginners
Jumping jack is a basic exercise but a great way to get in cardio. To perform, stand with a slight bend in knees and hands resting on your thighs. Keep the knees bent open the arms and legs out to the sides. Arms come above the head and legs wider than shoulders. Then close returning to your start. Also go as fast as you can.
It is a good releasing workout for beginners to help them improve their ability to continue working out.
Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Raise your arms laterally shoulder level or put on the waist. Rotate trunk at 90 degrees to your right, then return rotating to the left. Repeat movement for 10 times. Also you should feel your trunk moving.
To perform the exercise, place your legs at shoulder width and keep your arms straight at the sides. Rotate both arms simultaneously. Do 20 rotations clockwise, and 20 rotations counterclockwise.
After you are warm, do the following strength exercises with 30-45 seconds of rest between each exercise and 30 seconds of rest between each set. Approximately it will take seventeen minutes to do all the activities.
Stand in a lunge position with a dumbbell in one hand. Bring your trunk forward bending your waist but make sure your back is straight. Lift your right arm up. Finally, slowly lower the dumbbell to the starting position. Also switch the arm and repeat the movement.
Start in a high plank. Quickly pull your right knee into your chest, and then extend it back out as you draw your left leg into your chest. Also the quicker you move, the better the cardio. Keep your butt stable and avoid sagging into your shoulders. For extra work, you may also do mountain climber twists.
Squat with Kick
Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, hands behind your head or crossed over the head. Bend your knees and sit back as far as you can. Push back to start, then kick your right leg in front of you, foot flexed. Also repeat, kicking with your left leg, and continue alternating.
Side Lunge with a Toe Tap
Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart. Step to the side with your right leg and touch the right foot with your left hand. Also return to the starting position and repeat the movement with your left leg.
Running Man Balance Exercise
Stand on your left leg with a slightly bent knee. Slowly squat down and then extend the left hip and drive your right knee/leg forward and upward as high as possible. Pause at the top and then repeat the movement.
This exercise helps to strengthen the abdominal and oblique muscles. Start lying on your back with your knees bent. Perform a crunch by sitting-up and reaching for the outside part of your knee. Also make sure your shoulder blades just lift off the floor.
Finally, do a 2-minute jog on the treadmill to let your heart rate return to normal.
As a beginner be attentive to your body and focus on your feelings. Remember, if you work persistently with these workout for beginners, you will see the progress soon. You can do this! And your body will thank you for it.