- No products in the cart.
Obesity is often called a new kind of smoking, as it is killing more people than smoking. Obesity is behind the rise of most chronic diseases, be it problems of heart or diabetes, it even increases the risk of cancer. Are you in search for the fastest way to lose weight? In this article, we will provide you the best way to lose weight.
India is the nation of disparities; it has a high population of both the underweight and overweight people, both of them are harmful to health. Further, it is essential to understand that not all kind of obesities is same. The so-called central obesity (having big tummy in comparison to waist) is much more dangerous than general obesity (equal distribution of fat all over the body).
Another important thing to know is that, not all genetic groups are equal. It means that obesity is more dangerous for South Asians or Indians as compared to Europeans. Indians have poorly developed sub-cutaneous adipose tissues. This means that when Indians eat fatty food, it takes longer to get converted into fat tissue. Thus it results in higher levels of cholesterol, triglycerides and fatty acids circulating in the blood.
Body Mass Index (BMI)
Thus for Europeans, recommended body mass index (BMI) is 25 or below, for Indians recommendation is 23. For calculating the BMI, you divide your body weight (in kg) with your height (in meters), and you again divide the result by height (in meters). Thus as an example, if your weight is 80 kg and height is 1.7 meters, then your BMI would be, 80/1.7= 47, now you again divide the result with height, that is 47/1.7=27.68 is your BMI. Ideally, it should be below 23 for Indians (25 for Europeans).
Another simple but less accurate method to know your ideal weight is to subtract 100 from your height in centimeters. That is 170-100= 70 kg is your ideal weight.
Best Way To Lose Weight
Research shows that losing 7-10% of body weight can lessen the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases by as much as 70%. So once you have decided to lose weight, create a realistic target.
Remember that losing body weight requires two important things, first is the increase in calorie expenditure, and second is to lower the calorie intake. Best way to lose weight is to use both these methods in combination. Apart from exercise and balanced low-calorie diet, it is essential to understand that some ways are better at improving the so-called basal metabolic rate. That is specific lifestyle changes may help you to burn calories even while you are resting by enhancing the basal metabolic rate. This is the best way to lose weight.
Below are some of the fastest way to lose weight:
First and foremost, cut down on calories, remember that word dieting does not mean eating just green salads. For optimal health, one must eat a balanced diet, but food that is low in calories. Hence cut down on fats, but not eliminate. Sugars are perhaps one of the most common hidden source of calories. Hence decrease the number of cups of tea you consume in a day. Do not have sugary drinks, eat healthy snacks. If you are serious about losing weight, you can find various diet charts for Indians here.
Once you have made a diet plan, it is time to make your exercise plan. First and foremost, choose a type of exercise that you find enjoyable like brisk walking, as key to success is in regularity. Ideally you should walk for about 30-45 minutes a day, and at least five times a week. Vital here is to understand the word –brisk. If the pace is too slow one would not burn enough calories, nor would it help in boosting metabolism.
Above two methods are must for anyone planning to lose body weight. Also these are the fastest way to lose weight. Below is the collection of tips that would help not only to lose weight but also to boost your metabolism. Also these tips will help you to continue to burn calories even when you are watching television.
How to boost your metabolism
- If you are of resistant types who would not lose weight through diet and moderate aerobic exercise, then include a high-intensity workout in your regime. It is a most effective method of boosting your slow metabolism. It means doing some quick push-ups with short rests in between, or running for few minutes repeatedly with rest in between, or rope jumping. Do high-intensity workouts three times a week. However, there is need to take caution; if you have not done exercise since long, it would be better to consult a doctor.
- One of the fastest way to lose weight is to drink plenty of water and drink it at regular intervals. If you do not want to drink too much of water, drinking green tea (sugar-free) several times a day may be an option. When we say sugar-free, it does not mean that you use sweeteners, as sweeteners are not calorie free.
- Increase protein intake as they require more calories to digest and process. If you are a vegetarian, then increase consumption of soy products, lentils, legumes.
- Stand up more often; you may watch your favorite show while standing for 15-20 minutes.
- If you love spicy food then there is good news for you. Science has shown that a compound called capsaicin in chilies helps to boost metabolism.
- Use coconut oil in cooking; it has been demonstrated to lower bad cholesterol and increase the levels of good cholesterol.
Finally, get on the weighing scale daily! Yes, research has shown that if you weigh yourself daily, it helps to improve health-consciousness. It reminds a person to follow the diet and do exercise, thus helping to lose weight faster. These are the best way to lose weight and also fastest way to lose weight.